Are you tired of crowded and impersonal commercial ranges? Looking to join a community of shooters? Looking for a place to shoot where it’s safe to bring the family? Then membership in FTRPA might be right for you.
Why A Private Club?
Unlike a commercial shooting range, which provides range services to the public for a fee, a private club exists to serve its members rather than the public at large. Joining a club is a process, and not simply a financial transaction. We have an interest in making sure prospective members are safe shooters and understand safe gun handling. While we are careful to ensure that our prospective members are safe and responsible shooters, we are not exclusive, and welcome new members from all walks of life.
FTRPA is a non-profit corporation, organized along the same lines as many other civic organizations. Members vote for the corporation’s directors, who manage and direct the club. All of our directors are volunteers who are not paid a salary. Our club has no full-time employees, and members are encouraged to pitch in to help keep the club running smoothly.
How Do I Become a Member
In order to become a member of Falls Township Rifle and Pistol Association, you must be sponsored. There are two options:
- Sponsorship by a current member in good standing after a visit to the club as a guest; or
- Sponsorship by a shooting program’s match director.
If you know a member of the club eligible to sponsor you, they need to fill out a referral card for you (found at the sign-in desk), which they will fill out and give to you. The card should provide instructions for where to register on our web site as a prospective member, along with a registration code.
Alternatively, if you don’t know anyone at the club, you can attend an open match and introduce yourself to the match director. Program leaders can also submit member interest cards for attendees they observe shooting safely.
Before You Begin the Process of Joining
Please review our club’s rules, and make sure you are comfortable with them. Members who violate the club’s rules may be subject to disciplinary action that could include up to temporary suspension of access or cancellation of membership and non-renewal for serious infractions. Membership dues and fees are not refundable in these circumstances.
There is a $300 initiation fee, and dues are $185 per year. Incoming members pay the initiation fee and prorated dues. For members who volunteer to help out at the club, we do provide credits towards your dues to help keep your costs lower, since you are helping the club keep our costs lower.
Once sponsored, the steps to get in are as follows:
- Complete the online safety quiz. This is to demonstrate you have some knowledge about how to handle a firearm safely. If you pass the safety check, you will also need to submit an application and sign our waiver.
- Attend an instructor-lead shooting safety check, where we will see you shoot. This is not a match or marksmanship test, just a quick shoot to ensure you can apply safe handling practices.
- Attend an orientation. This is where you learn about the club, the club’s rules, and how to be a safe and active member of our club.
- Pay fees: $300 and dues according to the proration schedule. Our dues period for a given year starts in July.
- Get voted in at a member meeting by the members of FTRPA.
We want to see prospective members succeed and become members, but we need prospective members to successfully demonstrate safe shooting habits. If you cannot, you may be asked to take a class or work more with your sponsor to improve. Most prospective members make it into the club, but for those that don’t, there’s always the option to try again.
Which Matches Are Open To The Public
If you are willing to try out one of our matches, you can get a program sponsorship even if you don’t know anybody in the club. Check the Club Calendar for times. Matches that are open to the public or guests and can sponsor new members:
- Action Steel Matches
- AAFTA Field Target
- 3D Archery1
- Metallic Silhouette Matches
- Subgun Matches
Please check the program’s page for contact info and details on the match.
1Archery can sponsor new members, but an existing FTRPA member will need to attest to seeing you shoot a firearm safely.
354 Newbold Road
Fairless Hills, PA 19030
Event Cancellation Line