NRL22 is now a sanctioned match at FTRPA, one of just two clubs within 100 miles of Fairless Hills as of its 2021 debut. It is a .22 LR, scoped rifle-only precision rimfire match with varying size steel targets placed from 25 yards to 100 yards. It is shot from several different positions and barricades such as barrels, ladders, saw horses, buckets, and more. This precision rifle sport is a fun new activity that offers 5 stages that change monthly to challenge shooters of every type.
- As a sanctioned match, this match will follow all NRL22 rules posted on the organization’s website.
- This match is shot under cover at the 100/200 yard and 50 yard ranges using the distances in each month’s course of fire. Because of the covered line, this match, when scheduled, will be held rain or shine unless there is a more serious need for cancellation.
- The match can be shot for fun by anyone. However, shooters may also opt to join NRL22 in order to qualify for their prizes and earn points to compete in national competitions.
- NRL22 shooters who aren’t members – or those interested in the sport – are welcome to shoot the match. Sign up on Practiscore in advance of the match you would like shoot. Spots and squads fill quickly.
- Shooters must pay a $20 entry fee. For members who bring guests, the club’s guest fee is waived with payment of the match entry fee. Those competing in the Young Gun class may shoot the match at no charge.
- Registration will open at 8:00AM with a chance for sighting in on our 25/50 yard range at 8:15am. Around 8:45AM, we’ll host a safety briefing and review of stages with a goal of starting by 9:15AM.
Course of Fire
- Course of fire will change with every month’s match, as described on the NRL22 web site.
Classes of Shooters
|This class is unlimited in the .22 rifle and optic used.
|Any rifle system that comes in under a combined MSRP of $1300 shall be eligible to compete in Base class. This combined MSRP price is for the rifle and scope only.
|Open to women competitors, who may follow the rules for Open, Base, or Air Gun.
|Any shooter between ages 8-17. A parent or guardian must be present with the shooter, who will take responsibility for the actions of the Young Gun. Young Guns must be able to operate their firearm safely by themselves with no hands-on assistance from the parent or guardian. Verbal coaching is absolutely acceptable and encouraged. Young Guns may abide by Base, Open, or Air Rifle class rules.
|Any shooter older than 60 years old or any shooter that has special needs/considerations. It will be up to the Match Director to determine special needs.
|For air gunners. If the shooter chooses to use domed pellets the Air Rifle must be a .30 caliber or lower. If the shooter chooses to use slugs, the Air Rifle must be a .25 caliber or lower and the slugs must weigh 45 grains or less. Tethered tanks are not allowed. Projectiles must be mass produced.
Recommendations for Match Participants
- Scoped .22LR rifle with a magazine feed. First Focal Plane scope recommended.
- 2 or more magazines of at least 10 round capacity.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Bipod, support bags, etc.
- Knee pads if you need them.
- 100 rounds of ammunition.
- Share snapshots or video of yourself or friends with permission on social media such as Instagram or Facebook and use the NRL22 program hashtag – #NRL22 – and feel free to check-in or set the location to Falls Township Rifle and Pistol.
354 Newbold Road
Fairless Hills, PA 19030